TORN | SOLD OUT
Bozeman Premiere with director Max Lowe
Presented in partnership with National Geographic | Documentary Films in advance of the films theatrical release on 12/03
- 6:00 PM Hosted reception in Emerson Ballroom catered by Sidewall Pizza
- 7:00 PM Film Screening | Q&A follows with director Max Lowe
On Oct. 5, 1999, legendary climber Alex Lowe was tragically lost alongside cameraman and fellow climber David Bridges in a deadly avalanche on the slopes of the Tibetan mountain, Shishapangma. Miraculously surviving the avalanche was Alex’s best friend and climbing partner, renowned mountaineer Conrad Anker. After the tragedy, Anker and Alex’s widow, Jennifer, fell in love and married, and Anker stepped in to help raise Alex’s three sons.
A profoundly intimate look at the Lowe-Anker family, Torn reveals never-before-released archival footage of the ill-fated 1999 expedition, with early footage of Alex and Anker as young climbers. Sharing personal home videos and strikingly candid interviews with the Lowe-Ankers, the film follows Max in his quest to understand his iconic late father as he explores his family’s complex relationships in the wake of his father’s death.
- Theater capacity is limited to 60% or 438 seats.
- Tickets are FREE. We highly recommend reserving in advance.
- Box Office opens in lobby at 5:30 PM. Walk-up tickets night of screening limited to availability.
- Seating is General Admission.
- Masks required in the Crawford Theater.